Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Installing Cream in RedHat 9

If you don't know what Cream is, it is an enhancement from Vim. If you want further detail, please visit http://cream.sourceforge.net.

I downloaded Cream, unpacked the package and went to its directory. It had no README stuff or INSTALL text file, but it did have an INSTALL.sh file. I supposed it was the installation file so I run it with './INSTALL.sh'. It exited and complained 'permission denied'. I run 'chmod +777 INSTALL.sh' and after that './INSTALL.sh' could run smoothly.

The installation procedure put an icon in the menu, but when I clicked it, it didn't run. I tried to find the cream executable file in /usr/bin directory, but I could not find it.

I went back to cream installation directory, copy the cream executable file to /usr/bin with this command: 'cp ./cream /usr/bin/cream' and 'chmod +777 /usr/bin/cream'. Now, I can run Cream smoothly. The shortcut in the menu also works perfectly. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home